Monday, May 3, 2010

Living the life in Lagos.






Hello my dears,

So for the last program hoorah I went to Lagos, Portugal this past weekend with 499 other students studying in Sevilla. We went with the same tour group as we did with Morocco, Discover Sevilla. The ride is only 3 hours so that was great so we were off Friday morning. Since everyone except like 3 people from our program were going we got class canceled on Friday and just made it up last Wednesday instead and got a final moved to the day before haha. Anyway Lagos is absolutely gorgeous and definitely the most amazing beach I have ever had the pleasure of tanning on. We got to stay at a 4 star hotel which was awesome and even had a kitchen and after checking in we headed to la playa. The cliffs and clear water were so amazing. We also took a long walk to a lighthouse where there are paths around the cliffs and grotto. We got the most amazing pictures! Friday night we went to dinner and to a party that Discover Sevilla put on at a place called Monkey Joes, which was a lot of fun. The night was filled with drinking and dancing and laughing.

Saturday the 6 girls: Cameron, Copeland, Caroline, Sarah, Kaleigh, and I headed to town and the beach for a bit before our Sangria Cruise. Unlimited sanria, beautiful views, a grotto tour, and a boat = amazing experience (obvi simple math). We started on a bigger boat and when we got to a good spot we anchored and took 10 people at a time on a smaller boat through the cliffs! Some brave souls even jumped in the water, one of which was NOT me because it was freezing. Then Discover Sevilla set up a party of the beach and we headed there for a couple hours before heading off to the end of the world. Yes, you read correctly. We went to what was thought to be the end of the world before it was discovered that the earth was in fact round. Guess what- the end of the world is probably the windiest place I have ever been but the sunset was amazing as well as the views.

Sunday we were off to the west coast for a more exclusive beach. The. Most. Amazing. Beach. I. Have. Ever. Seen. Just picture it: green mountains, blue water, soft sand, and rocky cliffs. Now take that image and multiply it by 100 and you will understand where we were. Cameron, Caroline, and I took surfing lessons complete with extremely form flattering wetsuits. Although I couldn't stand up I did get to my knees and it was a great experience. Just laying on the board as the waves rush you to shore, ahhhh. Surfing is also an extremely tiring workout and as I type my arms are still aching from carrying the board. Narley dude. Hang ten. I definitely want to try again in the good ole US of A. Sadly, we had to head back to Sevilla (and worst of all exams). It was a great weekend though and I couldn't have picked a better way to spend a weekend before exams (Besides actually studying for said exams).

I actually just finished my worst exam today so I am feeling a large weight off my shoulders. Seven more days, two more exams, and one more english tutoring until my time in Sevilla is up...
:(

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment